Here are some tips for driving in the urban jungal of Bangalore. Readers are encouraged to add on to enrich the knowledge so that a Wiki can be created.
- Do not honk at pedestrians while driving a 2 wheeler on foot paths.
- You need to drive on the wrong side of the road,oneway – No problem. Just switch on your headlights and drive. All incoming traffic will understand and wait for you to pass. At night you just drive since the lights are already ON.
- Want to stop at No Parking/Stopping roads? Simple switch on all the lights ( a special lever) which blinks the indicators – indicating the vehicle has broken down while you wait for you better part to finish shopping and you save parking fees too.
- Does your vehicle have week brakes? NO issue. Just use the horns instead.
- Want to confuse some autowallah? Just overtake him and use hand signal properly – signalling left turn – most of them get confused as they just put out their left hand to signal left turn. The auto rules are simple. They put out their right hand for right signal and left for a left turn.
- Overtaking should be preceeded by feverish honking, glaring. The intencity and velocity of the same is directly proportional to the number of college girls in Bus and inversly proportional to the brand new bikes cost.
- Want to have some fun with other drivers? Just double park your 4 wheeler such that no body can move out of the parking lot unless the Lord decides and agrees to free other vehicles.
- Know your neighbour. An auto has a simple principle of driving. If the front wheels can go, back wheels can go too.